Tuesday 23 February 2010

Lost and Confused

I don't really know how to write this blog, I know alot of this stuff is just in my head and I don't know how to make it go away. It all starts a few weeks ago when I was talking to a close friend (who is also a family member) about organ donation and she said that she wasn't keen on been an organ donor because she wanted to look pretty in her coffin. She is on the donor register but only to give her kidneys because aparently they are small enough to leave too big a dent in the body so won't make her body look ugly. Anyway I know everyone is entitled to their opinions about organ donation but after having someone so close to her go through a transplant I just didn't think her reasons would be so selfish and it quite upset me.

Like I said this was about 3-4weeks ago and it's starting to ruin my friendship with this person as I just seem to see pretty much everything this person does as selfish and narcissistic, she hasn't changed at all but I can't help it. I've probably always thought she could be a bit selfish at times but now I don't really even like spending time with her but it's complicated as we live together so I can't just drop her as a friend, and I wouldn't really want to because we used to have loads of fun. Maybe I'm just been stupid but I really don't know how get past this and it's really getting me down to the point where I've even thought about moving out. I understand this sounds mad but I've got to the point where I hardly talk to her, she said she will only come to my 'Liver Party' if there is birthday cake and I nearly punched her.

I'm hoping getting this down will get it out my system, with her being family and we share most of the same friends there isn't anyone I can talk to about this but I need to get it all out before it drives me totally crazy.

4 comments:

  1. I think you should talk to her about it. I think she is very insensitive to transplant to say her housemate has had one. Did she know you when you needed the transplant/had it? I'm thinking no as then I don't think she would have this attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you really need to talk to her about it and express how you feel. If you can't resolve things after that then at least you know you tried everything. When I first mentioned to Gegg about transplant he said he wasn't keen but after he went away and thought about it he decided to sign up. He also ha the same conversation with his mother who said she didn't like the idea of being cut up but again after he talked to her and she thought about it she also decided to sign up. ave you fully explained everything to her? Given her the whole if you needed say a heart would you take it, then really se should be willing to give. Give her that whole chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was F*Cking weird. Maybe from the housemate?
    Anyway ! Yeah have a chat with the person. Tell them they sew you back up and even use makeup so you dont see any previous incisions if you donate (Which is true I think) and make her realise that without someone so generous, then you might not be around today, so why cant she do that for someone else?
    Nearly my whole grouod of friends bar one or 2 have some excuse as to why they Cant/Wont. Amazingly, the ones I didnt think would sign up (The selfish ones basically), actually have, and the ones I expected to sign up based at least PARTLY on the fact they know me, have some (lame) excuse !

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if her reasons were more valid you wouldn't be so bothered. But honestly, I think she's saying this because she is jealous in some way.

    ReplyDelete