Saturday 13 February 2010

As different as Day and Night

So went yesterday to watch the filming of the How To Look Good Naked naked catwalk shows in the Bullring yesterday and it was amazing but such a long day and so far it feel like it's undone most of the good work of that final week of IV's. I'm hoping after a day of mostly rest today and a good night sleep I will feel good again.

Although I'm not holding my breathe on the good night sleep as I'm not sleeping well at the moment, my lungs wont let me, I feel quite well in the day but at night I just can't stop coughing, the really annoying sort of coughing where I have to fight to get the air in behind the sputum to move it. I can't work out why I feel fine in the day, tired but fine. It's like two different sets of lungs. Also I have this annoying pain that feels like my stomach is overfull and makes it painful to breath in past about half way. Not good with the coughing! Adding in the fact I'm waking up every few hours to go to the loo I'm really not getting much sleep. Did I mention my breathing is perfectly normal for me in the day? It's frustrating but what to do?

I treated my self to some clothes the other day, I haven't brought clothes for ages, I suppose I have been disillusioned with clothes shopping lately, my weight has been so up and down (mostly up) for the last year that I just felt it wasn't worth getting nice stuff for it just not to fit soon after. I didn't go crazy, got a nice skirt from the last of Topshop sale for £3 and a dress for £12 and a few bits from Primark. Quite versatile stuff that feels quite summery but can be styled very easy for winter too, so if I do put on or lose weight I can just save it for later and I won't be wearing it in the wrong weather!

Not much else to say, I'm going to see my Nan tomorrow, it's her birthday on Monday so we are having a big meal for her tomorrow, going to be rather weird with out my Grandad there. Monday I'm back over at the hospital, fingers crossed for lung function been up, if not it's a stay in Costa Del Heartlands... maybe the Bullring yesterday wasn't the best idea... oh well, sometimes I need to do things just for me, fuck if they are going to make me ill, obviously there are limits but sometimes pushing myself too far or missing an odd treatment needs to be done to keep the life balance, can't let CF rule too much ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment