Sunday 21 February 2010

Let's Party!!!

Ooh I'm starting to get excited about my 10th Birthday!! Well it's not really my 10th Birthday but the 10 year anniverary of my transplant, it's in 5weeks and I've decided to have a party! Nothing huge, just a bit of a 'pick-at-what-you-want' dinner, hopefully with some liver in there! I want a cake from ASDA where you have a photo on and I know it sounds weird but I have a photo of me in ICU after so I want that on, only problem is that it's a poloroid and I don't know if you can use them on the cakes! Anyhoo, I'm going to get balloons and banners with '10' on them and have a game of pin the liver on the body! And to finish... party bags, although slight twist is I'm going to put forms to join the donor register in them along with the usual slice of cake, sweets and a jokey toy of some form! I know it's a bit silly and over the top but I feel so grateful to have got to this milestone with so few problems! The day before all this madness is going to be my 'donor day.' I haven't completely decided what I'm doing but I plan to do a few things to say 'Thank You' and remember the life of someone who although I never met became the most important person in my life.

2 comments:

  1. that sounds such a good idea, not over the top, its your celebration, you go for it!
    especially like the donor form in party bags idea and pin the liver :) haha
    congrats on the milestone :)

    ReplyDelete