Thursday 11 February 2010

I hate dentists

Just going to skim over the gap between now and the last post... my Grandad's funeral went really well considering, it was a very beautiful service that summed up him perfectly, simple, heartfelt with a few things thrown in to make you chuckle. I spent most of the wake in a side room having problems with my port, next day got I got my 4th needle and a few days later I had some Urokinase put into it and that seemed to do the trick. I ended up having a third week of IV's and finished Monday just gone and go back to clinic on Monday so hopefully my lung function has travelled in a different direction to the last 3 clinics and I have made up at least some,if not all of the 10% I've been down. I do feel better if not 100%.

I went for my Liver ultrasound yesterday and everything seems OK, my spleen is 16cms which is a little bigger than when the doctor measured it about a year ago. I'm showing no signs of other liver damage on the scans, the doctor doing it said it doesn't always show so they may want to do a biopsy anyway or it could be that the blood tests have picked something up before it's showed up on my liver or it might be that the blood tests are a bit off but there is nothing wrong. I'm hoping for the latter!

I can't remember whether I mentioned my learn direct course on here but I'm starting to learn stuff on it now and really enjoying it. To start with I was just going over very basic word processing and I was a little bored but now I'm getting to learning new stuff I'm really enjoying it and hopefully it's a start on getting somewhere in the whole job scene.

I went to register with a dentist, the receptionist was a bit shocked when I said I hadn't been to a dentist in 5/6years especially been post transplant, I've kinda been shouted at by my hospital for not going to the dentist so I thought I should finally bite the bullet and be a good little girl and brave it! LOL!

On a side note I am nearly 10years post transplant, just over 6weeks so I am trying to plan a few things. Something for my donor, to say thank you for giving me the gift of life and for a celebration of his life and something for me and family to mark the anniversary of my new start! Have a few ideas but not putting anything down just yet but will do something for my donor on the 28th March and something for my 10year on the 29th which is the day I actually had my transplant.

Anyway I'm off, I need sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment