Saturday 21 November 2009

Clinic

So clinic went well on Thursday. My FEV1 was up by 1% and my FVC was down by 5%. My chest sounded pretty good and weight was down by 0.3kg. I've been put on oral Trimethropin for 2weeks although I'm not 100% why, I only grew a light growth of Staph in my last sputum sample and no Psuedo or Aspergillus, I don't think I've ever seen Staph with light growth written next to it, I was happy when I saw moderate growth a few months ago! Still I'm not too bothered, anything to keep me well heading towards Christmas. I also have to email my dietitian everyday with what I eat, what creon I take and what bowel movements (sorry to mention poo in my blog again!) I have to see if I need to just adjust my creon or take something to erm... move things along! I also have a food fear thing to do (I will explain more about that in another blog, I'm too tired now) but she thinks it's really positive that I have tried some new foods!

One quick last thing before I go, I just found a spare filter in my eflow box and did a Combivent through it and I couldn't believe how quick it was, Mucoclear has seriously clogged up my filter and was making it take ages but I am keeping it just to do Mucoclear through so I don't ruin this one! I was ashamed to say that my compliance on nebs hasn't been amazing over the last few weeks because each one was taking at least 30mins! Anyway now I have my new filter will be doing them all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment