Tuesday 31 March 2009

Very Happy Me!!

In a bit a rush so going to try and keep this brief(ish)...





Sunday was 9 years since my liver tx, can't believe how fast the last 9 years have gone, it's crazy! Wasn't feeling too good but went to the cinema and saw 'Marley and Me' really sweet feel good movie! Next to the cinema is Virgin gym, popped in and had look round... AMAZING! More about that in a minute though!





Yesterday was my check-up at Heartlands, was really expecting to have a crap lung function and need IV's as have been feeling quite crappy for the last week... no by some miracle my lung function has increased! My FEV1 has gone from 1.79 to 1.87. Have been given some oral antibiotics (Flucloxacillin) to deal with my infection and go back in a few weeks to see if they have worked or if I need IV's but I'm hoping I can go a little longer till I get my port, meeting my surgeon tomorrow morning to have tests and sort out a date and stuff! But I was so stunned, 1.87!! A few months ago when I was feeling lots better I only blew 1.51 so was only expecting about the same, maybe all these really hard sticky bits I'm getting off my lungs are unblocking some airways! Anyway its great news, I didn't even have to see the dietitian, 60.2kg from 50.1kg at the beginning of the year kinda shows my weight isn't really a problem!





So back to the gym, I'm about to go join it in about an hour, it's £41 a month, off peak!! So why am I joining the most expensive gym in town?




  1. It's beautiful, yes I'm a sucker for things that look good! But as well as beautiful it's very very clean, I couldn't go if it wasn't clean, I don't want to exercise in someones sweat!


  2. The power plates. As far as I know it's the only one in town with power plates. As I do acapella for my physio, which basically sends vibrations into my lungs to shake the mucus out, standing on a vibrating platform for 10min's should really help, plus I have heard it is good for joint pain which I have in both knees now


  3. The exercise bikes have TV screens in them, this will be a good... I don't really want to say motivator but I can't really think of another word! Basically I hate the bike and I get bored very quickly but once in hospital I was reading whilst on the bike and I did 30min's before I knew it so I think watching TV while on the bike will have the same effect.Check Spelling


  4. The distance, I walked there on Sunday and it's not as far as I thought, possibly a bit closer than the council gym. And the bridge at the end of my road has nearly been rebuilt which is a direct route (pretty much as the crow flies) so will be even easier to get to.


  5. The pool, the pool is pretty quiet and the council pool is mainly packed as it's the main swimming pool for the town and post transplant I have been twice and picked up bad chest infections just after twice so I won't go there anymore. I still use quiet pools whenever I can and don't seem to pick up anything!


  6. I get a free massage from their masseuse when I join!

  7. I don't have to sign a minimum contact, I can cancel after just one month if I chose.

I may still get exercise on prescription from my doctors which will make it cheaper but even if not I would rather pay a little extra to get the results I want than pay for somewhere I won't be motivated to go to! (and if I don't go I can just cancel and try somewhere else!)

No comments:

Post a Comment