Tuesday 7 April 2009

Hospitals and Holidays!

Ok so last week I was at the hospital twice, once on the Monday which I put in my last blog and once on the Wednesday. On the Wednesday I went for my appointment about my port and as I had been waiting about 10weeks for an appointment I was a bit shocked to find out it was in just under 3weeks on April 21st! I'm quite excited in a nervous sort of way! Fits in quite well though as I have a clinic appointment next Tuesday to review if the flucloxacillin has worked so they can check then if I need a few days of IV's before hand. I'm sure at the moment, the orals have really worked but I don't think I am 100% yet... still see what happens next week, in a way I would rather have some IV's and not really need them rather than need them and not have them and them cancel my port and have to wait ages to get another date! Popped up to the ward and saw the physio quickly for a chat about the gym and got told that because my lung function is now over 55% and o2 levels stay stable I don't have to make any allowences for my CF when doing my workout, just go in as been very unfit! Went on Saturday and have got a good rountine started up. Going again tomorrow, was going to go this morning but I had a bad night sleep last night so didn't wake up till really late!

Have found some dates that I should be able to have of work, John has already booked them off and found some flights that we can afford so fingers crossed I should be going to Spain on the 26th May and hoping that Marcus will have entered the world by then! Just need to speak to my team and check that 5 weeks will be long enough to fly after having my port put in. I really hope I can go as I've been looking forward to seeing Marcus since I found out that Shelly was pregnant and really looking since it was a boy and now I've felt him kicking a few weeks ago and I'm just so excited to be a big sister, I'm mean yeah I'm a big sister to Ben and Sofia but Ben is only 4 and 1/2 years younger than me and a foot taller and Sofia wasn't my sister when she was born so I never knew her as a baby, she hadn't long turned 1 when they got together, to me she will always be my sister not my stepsister but I do miss the fact I never saw her as a baby. Can't believe she will be 2 in a few weeks! Everything is going on... between now and end of May I have Mum's birthday, my mate Heather's birthday, my port, Sofia's birthday, my mates the twins Birthday Dad's (my stepdad) birthday, my mate Lyns birthday, Shelly due to have Marcus, John's birthday and hopefully going to Spain!

Anyways I'm getting pretty sleepy so I'm off to bed! x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment