Wednesday 29 April 2009

Hola!

Well hello, I have logged in to this about 10times in the last few weeks but end up reading a load of other blogs and then logging out!

I'm writing this from room 14, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital which has been my temp home for the last 12days and I should be back at my perminant home on Friday! YAY!

So I have my port now, didn't really go as well as hoped but nothing too major. Firstly wasn't put in the vein they where orginally going for, secondly the GA really knocked the shit out of me, until the Thursday was mostly sleeping, was on alot of anti-sickness and still throwing up any water I drank and just the thought of food made my stomach go on spin cycle. Had some blood tests, also three bags of IV fluid and a scan to find out why I wasn't going to the loo (which as soon as she pressed the scan thing into my bladder made me need the loo!) Took quite a few more days for bowels though, had a little food on Thursday and starting eating more Friday, now (with anti-sickness) I'm eating about normally and with the help of multi-fibre fortisip all toilet habits are back to normal! Anyway got the blood test results back and my liver tests were not very good, had already stopped oral Flucloxacillin as they thought that might be something to do with sickness as I had problems with sickness while having it on IV's. Had tests redone the other day and the levels have already halved but are still classed as abnormal at the moment, going to have it redone again tomorrow and see if I need a liver scan. Keeping my fingers crossed at the moment that it's all going to go back to normal!

Having my lung function done tomorrow. Was meant to have been done today but because I have had blood in my sputum they want to wait, and not having Dnase or acapella at the moment. Getting fustrated with it now because I've only been on it four days out the last 12! It's not going to help with my compliance with it as it's hard to keep routine! When I look and think that a year ago I had very little compliance and now it's so much better but I do struggle sometimes and stuff like this can knock me back. When I say I had very little compliance I mean pretty much no treatment, only took my anti-rejection and the odd neb when felt tight! Last October things came to a head when I got back from my holiday and went into hospital days later with a huge drop in lung function and weight and since have been needing IV's a lot more since. I seem to have been lucky in that I've realised in time and started to get my act together before too much damage has been done, my FEV1 on admission was back to 2L (64%) and I have gained just over 10kg which has helped my lungs. I'm not sure why having a good weight is really helpful in CF (something to ask the doc!) but it really does help with lung function. I feel I have lost alot of the fitness I was slowly gaining before I came in but will start working on that when I get back home. Like I said I should be home Friday, just depends on lung function and liver tests. Anyway I have decided to postpone the walk as it's meant to be two weeks on Sunday and I just haven't got the time or energy to sort everything out and actually walk for more than a few mins! It's kind of a shame as I wanted it to be at the end of CF Week but I'm looking at probably July now, or maybe even August. We will have to see how my health goes, thats one of the most annoying things with CF, you plan something and look forward to it and then CF decides to mess it all up!

Been reading some blogs (Sally-Anne's, Gemma's and Jo's) and they seem to be talking about 'Twilight' books and someone wonderful bloke but can't remember his name. And I'm kind of wondering what it's all about so methinks I might have a search on t'internet! See what this hype is all about! I have finshed reading 'P.S. I Love You' whilst in here and now started 'If You Could See Me Now' and so far it seems OK but have only read a chapter so far. Have also been watching 'Ugly Betty, Series 1' in here, well to be fair I was so bored I watched the whole series in just under 2days! Think I need to rent series 2 when I get home!

Anyways I'm off to sleep because I will have a physio in my room in a few hours sticking a neb in my face! I much prefer to do physio in the afternoon and evening when I'm fully awake!!!

Oh just remembered the reason I named this post 'Hola!' I have my flights booked to Spain now and we are going to be staying in the city now instead of next door to my dad as Shelly will more than likely be in hospital and my dad going back and forth will leave me and John stuck in the urbanizacion with no car or spend most of holiday stuck in the hospital (not my idea of a holiday! Spend to much time in UK hospitals and just because they are Spanish hospital don't make them more fun!) Anyway just really looking forward to it, don't think my port will be healed enough to go in pool but then it's not till the 26th so might be, see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. Edward Cullen is his name,get yourself on play.com and get the books ordered, you will join the obsession in no time! :o)

    ReplyDelete