Tuesday 3 March 2009

Why?

Why have I started this blog?

Not 100% sure...

Main reason probably for motivation! Over the last year I've had quite a drop in my lung function, IV's have brought it back up a bit but I've realised that the pathetic amount of exercise I do just isn't enough so I'm on a mission to get fitter and get my FEV1 back over 2L by the end of May!

Why the end of May? Because at the end of May I am due to become a big sister once more to baby Marcus and he needs a healthy big sister!

Also I plan to do a sponsored 5mile walk round Draycote Water in 10 weeks (May 17th) one week before Marcus is due to enter the world! I will be raising money to help a top chick (Sally-Anne Grainger) go to Duke in America for her lung transplant... http://ablazingstar.blogspot.com/ <--- this is the link to her blog!


Oh and I plan to do it in 1hour! I've walked it before but it took about 2hour30mins! So the 60mins will defiantly be a challenge! Going to try and get some people to do it with me as 5miles is a lonely walk!


Anyway thats all for now... will blog again with more progress soon!

Kate x x x

1 comment:

  1. 5k is not 5 miles. 5 k is about 3.5 miles,,,,, so not sure if you want to increase your time target!!!! well done on starting your blog!!! proud of you!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete