Tuesday 6 October 2009

Home Sweet Home

So I did go home on Friday was discharged at about 5pm and my dad didn't get there to pick me up until approx. 7.30pm so I spend 2 and a half hours in the day room but I didn't care because I was going home! Went to Big John's for a pizza on the way home, I swear if it was closer to the hospital they would have the fatest CF patients, a 9" pizza costs just £2.99 and it's so lush! Anyway talking of fat CF patients my last weigh in at the hosp was 62kg on the dot. This is an increase of about 3.5kg since the start of my IVs and a crazy 15kg since the beginning of the year!

I had a bit of a nightmare with my afternoon IVs today. Everything was going well until nearly half way through my Tobi and then it all just stopped saying it was blocked, checked the line nothing, wiggled my shoulder a bit and tried again, still nothing rang the hospital they said to try flushing it and put some Heparin through which went through but once I hooked it back up to the Tobi pump it was still nothing so tried again and again the flush and Heparin went through fine. Take it in mind this is only my second lot of IVs through my port, first set of home IVs in about 3 or 4 years and my 3rd of home IVs through my port so I was getting a bit worried, you here hear nightmares about ports that only last a few months! Rang Heartlands again and they suggested as the flush was going through then to try taking the Tobi syringe out the pump and pushing through a few mls before trying again and for some reason the syringe wouldn't push (until I pushed really hard and managed to lose about 4mls in the process) and then once I hooked it up it was fine but I have used up my spares of Heparin so I hope I have no more problems!

Spent a mad weekend helping my cousin organize a charity indulgence evening for Monsoon and their charity The Monsoon/Accessorize Trust, which included a fashion show. So I did the music for the show, helped to sort out the models timing and helped to sort out there accessories, all in all it was a wicked success, managed to smooth over the small problems pretty well and raised £280! And I managed to get my eyebrows waxed for free. I have used all my energy for the week though so planning a few chilled days as I felt pretty rough Sunday after I got home!

Anyway off to bed now, Night Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment