Saturday 29 August 2009

No IV's... YAY!!

Well as the title says my clinic appointment went better than expected. My LF is quite stable despite my chest infection so I'm just on orals for now. My FEV1 was up by 0.03L and my FVC was down by 0.1L. My weight has gone up a little to 57.2kg so the dietitian is happy for me to stay at that weight now as I'm finding keeping my weight stable a lot easier. My SAT's where 94% which is a little lower than my normal! So I'm on Ciprofloxcin for 2weeks and have to go back in 4weeks instead of 6 and call them in 2weeks if I'm not feeling any better!

They collared me about the blood test I didn't have last clinic, I kinda ran away before they got me last time but there was no escaping it, it was quite painless though, first attempt! Had my 3rd port flush which actually kind of hurt rather than just uncomfortable for the first time, I then went shopping which probably wasn't the best idea with lifting my arms up and down trying on tops, I have now spent the last of my birthday money but i do have lots of stuff. I think my fave purchase was a black and white stripy t-shirt with a rope belt which I wore yesterday as a dress, it cost a whole £3.99 from H&M! I plan to pop in and get in a few more colours when I go back in 4weeks! I very often think it is very dangerous that I have to walk through the Bullring to get from train station to bus stop that takes me to Heartlands! I was a little annoyed that I had to wait for nearly an hour for a train back to Rugby because I had to get a Virgin train because I had brought the cheapest ticket! Quite luckily though my Mum rang me about 5mins before getting to the station and she came and gave me a lift home, still managed to be out the house for about 8hours, just under 2hours spent shopping so that's 6hours getting to and from clinic and been at clinic! That's not even going on the ward to see anyone! I really wanted to go to this comedy night that night but I was so tired I came in and collapsed on the sofa for the rest of the night but I spoke to the landlords son yesterday and he said it wasn't as good as the first one so hopefully will get to the next one!

Last night I went and got a kebab and only ate a little bit cus it tasted a bit funny and then today I really wish I had not eaten any of it! Have only had liquid all day, mainly fortisip and vanilla milk, but still feel quite sick! Feel really hungry now so going to go make a sandwich and try and keep that down, don't want to start losing weight just after a good visit to the dietitian! And then I thinks me and Ugly Betty (series 2, thanks to my flatmate for my bday present) have a date with my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment