Thursday 14 May 2009

Urgh!

Went to clinic today, lung function was down by 0.01Litre but (and I don't quite understand it) something to do with my weight going down by 0.5kg (think I've lost fluid weight not proper weight) means that the FEV1 has gone up by 1%. All these figures confuse me! So some of the signs (increases in sputum which is lots stickier and greener, bit more rattlely in chest, general crappy and tired shitty feeling!) are pointing towards another chest infection but 0.01 down isn't much to cough at. Was really really productive this morning and cleared loads of crap of my chest, gets to hospital and... NOTHING!! Ended up doing a cough swab, walked out the hospital not even half way across carpark I coughed and up came huge lump of sputum, how typical? Have brought home a sample pot for next time to do in the morning! My last sample was apparently clear though but both me and my doc think there wasn't enough in the sample, mainly just spit rather than actually having bug free sputum! Anyway I have some Cipro and if i still feel like this in a few days to start taking it, think I prob will, wanna be as close to 100% as poss for my holiday and really don't want IV's when I get back! Not very happy about it though, only finished IV's on the 1st, normally manage 4-6weeks after IV's before I need orals so 2 is pretty pants.

Went to primark and got some really funky neon stuff for Sat night, it's a mates 21st and we are going out in compete neon overload, it should be pretty cool apart from a few people are planning on going out with water guns, now we did this a while ago, I got soaked, got an infection and needed IV's so if people do bring them out and they so much as point them at me I will stick the guns where the sun don't shine! I have been looking forward to this holiday since I found out Shelly was pregnant and nothing is going to ruin it! (God that makes me sound a bit spoilt and 'I want everything my way!' I'm not, Honestly!) Anyway as I was paying for my stuff I had a ickle coughing fit in the queue and the girls behind me stepped back and started talking about swine flu! Even said about me touching the rail after I'd covered my mouth with my hand! I nearly told them it was OK I didn't have swine flu so they where 'safe' but then one of them gave me a dirty look so I didn't, let them get all paranoid! I think people are really going stupid over the whole swine flu thing but on the plus side I have noticed people are thinking more, at work not one person coughed without at least covering their mouth (normally it's straight in my face!)

Work... now there is a subject, 26days off and 2days back and it's been a struggle so far, even though it's only 3hours per shift they have been really exhasting me! Now one of my problems is that when I'm on IV's I nap, normally one late-morning/noon and one about 7pm and I work 5-8pm so 2hours in and my body is wanting it's nap. I always have this when I go back to work and it sorts itself out after a week or so! But I have also been having a general tiredness and major probs concentrating, have made quite a few mistakes, prob more in 2days than I normally make in a few months. I'm really hoping it doesn't last long and I start feeling more normal soon!

Anyway talking of tiredness, I've had a long day and need my bed so goodnight!

xx mwah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment